Beijing Layover Tour
Stopover Tour of Beijing / Beijing Transit travel
Beijing layover tour profile, introduction, photo, map, tour routes, notes and tips are presented on this page.
Beijing Layover tour refers to the short stopover tours in Beijing on the way to another city, while change flight, ship or train in Beijing.
Layover trip of Beijing is also called 'Beijing transit travel' or 'Beijing stopover tour', which leaves 1 or more days for sightseeing.
With Chinese name '北京中转游' or '北京停留之旅', most Beijing layover tours start from Beijing Capital International Airport.
Being the capital of China, Beijing is one of the main cities to change flight. It is a good chance to take Beijing layover trip when there is more than 4 hours time.
Beijing layover tour start from airport or train station and then complete the tour in airport or train station according to your ticket.
Photo of Beijing Layover Tour
Beijing layover tour photo covers the image of flight, train and popular attractions of Beijing.
Most Beijing layover tour start from Beijing Capital International Airport, which is around 18 km northeast of downtown Beijing.
It is available to visit Great Wall or downtown attraction by private vehicle. Great Wall is around 75 km from Beijing Capital International Airport. There is express way connecting airport and the area Great Wall, which takes only 1 and half hours to reach Great Wall.
It is convenient to visit downtown attractions if you are planning a layover trip based on two trains of Beijing train station. There are several trains stations within Beijing. Beijing Station (central station), South Station, West Station and North Station are all located within 4th ring road.
Start to be used since 2019, Beijing Daxing International Airport is located 55 km south of downtown Beijing. It needs more time to arrange a layover tour from this airport.
Abundant experience in Beijing layover tour operating,
Experienced driver save each minute between airport and attractions,
Unique layover tour designed by Beijingservice team,
Well maintained private vehicle,
Feedback from real travelers in the past,
Popular Beijing Layover Tour
Map of Beijing Layover Tour
- Beijing layover tour map shows the flow of a normal Beijing layover tour, which start from and ends in Beijing airport.
Beijing Layover Tour Tips
Beijingservice suggest you to deposit luggage in airport or train station before the layover trip,
Beijing airport is in the same direction (northeast) with Mutianyu Great Wall,
All Beijing train stations are located within 4th ring road, which is convenient to visit downtown attractions, such as Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City,
Beijing layover tour is available during daytime or in the evening,
After the complete of Beijing Airport Subway, Beijing layover tour is available to be started from the subway station in downtown, which is helpful to cut down cost,
It is available to contact Beijingservice.com to tailor your own layover tour if you can not find a favorite routes on website,
Most Beijing transit tour use this work-flow :
- Be met from Airport or train station,
- Drive to attractions,
- Take sightseeing in attractions,
- Be transferred back to airport or train station. Service end.
Airports of Beijing
Thee following two airports are used by most airlines. It is important to make clear which one is used by your flight.
Beijing Capital International Airport
Chinese name: 北京首都国际机场
Address： Tianzhu, Shunyi District, Beijing
Chinese address: 北京市 顺义区 天竺
Telephone number: 86-10-96158
Number of Terminals: 3 ( T1, T2, T3 )
Time Zone: Beijing time (UTC+8)
Beijing Daxing International Airport
Chinese name: 北京大兴国际机场
Address： Daxing District, Beijing
Chinese address: 北京市 大兴区 榆垡镇
Time Zone: Beijing time (UTC+8)
Beijing Train Stations
These three main train stations of Beijing are all located near the 2nd ring road.
Beijing Railway Station, No.Jia 13, Maojiawan Hutong, Dongcheng, Beijing. 北京站, 北京市东城区毛家湾胡同甲13号.
Beijing South Station, No.12, Chezhan Road, Yongwai Avenue, Fenttai, Beijing. 北京南站, 北京市丰台区永外大街车站路12号
Beijing West Station, No.118, Lianhuachi East Road, Fengtai, Beijing. 北京西站, 北京市丰台区莲花池东路118号
Beijing Layover Tour Note
There are several airports and railway stations in Beijing, please send us your flight number or train number, which is helpful to make clear the correct pick up place,
Full payment or deposit should be received before tour date,
Beijing layover tour time schedule should not be arranged too tight because the traffic of Beijing is heavy,
We suggest to finish the sightseeing 4 hours before your next international flight, or 3 hours before domestic flight or train,
More buffer time is needed for transfer during Chinese public holiday,
Beijing layover trip covers sightseeing, airport or train station transfer, so the cost is higher than a day-tour-sightseeing,
Beijing layover tour is only available based on private vehicle, driver and private tour guide,
Beijing Layover Tour FAQ
- How long time is needed from downtown to Airport Beijing ?
- Amswer : We leave 1.5 hours from downtown Beijing to airport or vice versa, although it only takes 40 minutes when the traffic is good. But as you know the traffic is heavy in Beijing, especially during the rush hour.
- How to plan a layover trip to Great Wall from airport Beijing ?
- Amswer : It needs one and half hours from Beijing International Airport to Badaling Great Wall or Mutianyu Great Wall if there is no traffic jam. We suggest travelers to leave 2 hours on the sightseeing on Great Wall. So we need at least 5 hours to take a layover trip to Great Wall of Beijing.
And we suggest to leave one extra hour as buffer time.
- How to reserve a Beijing transit trip ?
- Amswer : Please find the following steps to book a layover tour of Beijing:
- choose a layover tour on www.beijingservice.com/beijinglayovertour.php and submit your reservation,
- Include your arrival and departure flight / train in above reservation,
- Advisor will tailor the itinerary if necessary,
- Our operator will arrange details for the layover trip,
- A final confirmation will be sent to you after all details arranged,
- Deposit or payment should be received before tour date,
- May i know the minimum time for a layover tour in Beijing ?
- Amswer : If you reach and departure from Beijing via train, you need at least 3 hours between two trains to take a layover trip.
If you take flight, the minimum time is 7 hours between two flights. The time needed is different based on your time schedule, please contact us for further details.
Similiar Tour In Other Cities
Most travelers take Beijing layover tour to visit Great Wall. Badaling Great Wall or Mutianyu Great Wall is the best choice, because they are not far from Beijing Capital International Airport.
If you have more time or prefer to visit downtown Beijing, then the Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Bejing Hutong, Temple of Heaven or Houhai Area is suggested.
- Beijing Xindong International Travel Service Co., LTD
- Since 2003
- Tour Operator of Beijing
- China License: L-BJ00767
- Beijing ICP No. 05015006
- Wechat: 13520994951
- Address: 9-6, West Block of ChangAn,
- Miyun, Beijing, China.
- Leave a Message
- BeijingService.com - Beijing and China Tour Expert. Since 2003.